Dennis on the Road

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Catching up...



I’ve been away from blog-land for a while, and I’m not going to invest much time right now catching up… but there are a few things that I’ll let you know about real quick.

1.) I’m teaching again! I missed it. After two years of being out of the classroom, doing everything from racing my bike in the Caribbean to being a founding principal of a charter school, I’m back. I’m working at Ralph J Bunche High School, an alternative public school in West Oakland. More on that down the road.


2.) My team’s website is finally coming together. Check out my bio page… just as corny as you would expect. From there you can follow links to the rest of the site.

3.) Finally I have some very sad news. Earlier this week I learned that Nicole Tucker, a student from my early years of teaching at Merritt Middle College High School became a victim to the rash of violence that plagues Oakland. She and her boyfriend were murdered, becoming the 94th and 95th Oakland homicides this year.

Nicole was a student in my class all four years of her high school career. She loved English class, especially working on projects. She was well liked and will certainly be missed. RIP Nicole.

3 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Hey, Den! Hope all's well. Did you notice that you have a very tall team? Almost all of them are over 6'. Are any of them single? ;)

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

its half and half, half gianormous frame breakers........

and half midgets that can ride on their top tubes.......

whats wrong with the short guys?

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dennis,
i still have a pile of books for your students and may have more before i leave for england the 6th nov, but i do not have time tyo bring them to school!

marjorie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home