Dennis on the Road

Monday, April 23, 2007

The Principal rides on!

It was a few years ago when I was struggling to simply finish the brutally hilly course at Nevada City, that Michael Hernandez (or one of his other drunken buddies) started cheering “go principal”! Somehow the nickname “The Principal” stuck in racing circles, even after I left my job as school director to travel and later returned to the classroom.

Well, now I’m back in the front office. I’ve been hired to be the founding principal of the Alternative Learning Community, a middle school with an outdoor education focus in the Oakland Unified School District. It’s exciting work… and there is a lot of it (which, of course, has taken a bite out of my training time.) Of course we will have an on-site cycling program.

I hope you’ll check out the ALC website at www.alcOakland.com. There is a place on the homepage where you can add your email address if you want to be in the loop of volunteer opportunities, special events, and up-dates. (No spam. I promise.)

Meanwhile, even with the intense work load... The Principal rides on.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

oh man ... i remember that.

yup - i was pretty hammered. and loving the suffering pouring out of you.

bwaahahahaa.
- - -

cool about the job, yo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home