Dennis on the Road

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Blurry and Blissful Birthday


All I can say is that I’m glad that my birthday falls in the off-season. Jamiel, Christian, Martin, et. al. threw me the best belated-birthday party I have ever had. I guess that means no more complaining about how awful January 2nd is as a birthday since no one wants to celebrate in the shadow of the holidays. This crew was frighteningly fresh when it came to partying. The pictures here hint at the debauchery. (Consider that your warning and my disclaimer… click at your own risk.)


The night started off with a delicious dinner at Ichiro in downtown Oakland. The table was packed with about 30 folks. After collectively consuming more sushi than I have ever seen, more sake than I can recall, and a delicious birthday cake (thanks Jamiel!), the bravest dozen of our crew walked down the block to a karaoke bar. We were the only ones in the house when we arrived, but when the staff saw the degree of our obnoxiousness, they hustled us into a private room the minute other customers appeared.

Here’s Matt opening up the mic. If you dare to share in our eclectic range of tunes, click on any of the links below. Thanks everyone who came out for making this such a fun and memorable evening. I’m honored.



Martin is not a 'tard

BPG/RHvilla/Montano Velo theme song


Anarchy in OakTown

99 Blurred Balloons
Would Sharona really choose this?
The 50 Cent Choir
Jamiel Dogg

2 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Blogger Hooptie said...

What the hell did I miss.

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

I couldn't sit through the karaoki, though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home