Dennis on the Road

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Teaching + Cycling = Bliss!


Occasionally I have the chance to combine my passions of teaching and cycling. (If I added any other passion to the equation it would be illegal!) Thanks to the support of Trips for Kids, I am able to bring my Oakland students to the trails of Marin County for a wonderful day of exercise, fresh air, community building and FUN!

This time around, we were joined by a camerawoman and reporter from Channel 7. The coverage was GREAT! Here's a link to the video and transcript.


Everyone can check out the great pictures posted here.

Thanks to Marilyn, Michael and the TFK volunteers. Huge props to Les, Nargis, Jamiel, and Lorri for sharing your day, car, and love with us last week! And if any of my students have stumbled across this blog, congrats (both on your cycling ability and web research skills… now quit being so nosey!)

3 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

dude, how'd you get the aerial shot? were you in the tree or on top of the tv truck?

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Nope... just climbed the hill. (Getting high legally!) BTW: I just checked your blog... good stuff... I'll check back frequently.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger yellowbug said...

Dennis,
Nice blog - I'll be happy to keep up with your adventures. Did Trish have her triathlon yet? Add me to your links if you get a chance!
Martina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home