Dennis on the Road

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

On the road with Pops


It has been a fun and eclectic week.

My dad came for a visit. It was only the second time he’s been out here to see me in CA, and it was great to hang out with him. Here he is looking for a lift before I decided that I would let him back in the car….


We visited my brother Josh, who is living in Arcata, and we traveled to a stage race in Eugene, Oregon. The Willamette Valley Classic went well. My teammate, Jesse/Andy, took 9th overall and I had two top-10 stage finishes. Not bad considering that the two of us were our only team support. The local Eugene paper featured an article and this picture (I'm in the front in red) on the front page. Here’s a link to the article.


On the trip back down to Oakland, my dad and I took some time to explore the beautiful and aptly named Lost Coast. It was my first time in this area and I was amazed. In addition to the scenery, a highlight was our stop to talk with a small group of local ranchers who had rounded up the most recent batch of calves for branding, shots, and (ouch!) castration. This scene seemed as though it came from another era, considering that most ranches are now factories. This, however, was the real deal.

More photos from the weekend will soon be posted here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home