Dennis on the Road

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Goodbye to Good Friends

(This is the final Venezuela blog that I wrote on the flight home but am just now posting… Sorry about the delay.)

10,000 meters above the Caribbean and the past three months seems like a dream. I’m equally as confused about where I’ve been as where I’m going. One thing I’ve learned from travel is that the lessons of each trip are rarely immediate. I have no idea what the value of this trip will be, and I won’t likely know for years.

I’m equally as up in the air about what is ahead. I don’t know what continent I’ll be living on in the coming year, who I’ll meet, which roads I’ll travel or what influences will effect the course of my life. Exciting. And scary as hell.


The Leon family and friends. My adopted family!

I woke up this morning at 5:30 and once out of the shower I turned on my iPod to shuffle. Waren Zevon’s Keep Me in Your Heart for a While was the first song. Leaving my close friends in Caracas was tough, but made easier knowing that I’ll be back. What amazing people. What incredible generosity, kindness, love, and sincere friendship. Five siblings, spouses, kids, et. al. where over for dinner (and of course some rum). Lots of laughing and goodbye hugs. I already miss them and I haven’t even flown over Cuba yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home