Dennis on the Road

Monday, July 04, 2005

a visit to eagle rock and a ride above 12,000'

It is wonderful to be back at Eagle Rock School. For those of you who don’t know this place, you can get some flavor by visiting their website. As I write this post I’m sitting on a handmade bench, looking out over an undeveloped mountain valley. The wind sings through the pines and makes the daisies dance. The mostly blue skies are accented by pillowy whihttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifte clouds. Pardon the cliché, but this is heaven.

Today I did one of my favorite rides, over the top of Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park. At over 12,000’, it is the highest through-road in North America. Cycling above the tree line, with an endless view of snow covered mountains, was bliss. And the decent is the longest and most favorite that I have experienced.

Each trip to Eagle Rock feels like a homecoming. I have recommended four students who have attended here (including Adam who is still here) and I have become close with many of the staff members. The sense of community and the spirit of this place inspires me and has been one of the most influential factors in my work as an educator. Thanks and kudos to my Eagle Rock family for sharing your home and your hearts.

1 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel here. I have been reading up on your trip, interested to know how you are getting on. Sounds like your having a grand time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home